Individual commitment to a group effort — That is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work.
Key Things to Remember:
- Google displays more local pack results than Yahoo or Bing
- Google is most confident in the quality of it’s local data set to keep local businesses from being squeezed out of organic positions by large websites
- Google gives fewer Page 1 positions to ‘Leisure’ businesses than Yahoo or Bing
- Search terms with a ‘Geo-modifier’ return many more local results
Last year Bright Local conducted research on which of the three main Search Engines gave the most space on their 1st page of results to local businesses; Google, Bing or Yahoo (see post). Now, 16 months later, they revisited the question and refreshed the results in an all new ‘Local SERPs showdown for 2015′.
3 Important questions to answer
In conducting & publishing this research, they wanted to answer these 3 questions:
- Which Search Engine gives more 1st page space to local businesses?
- How does the split of search results vary by keyword type?
- How does the split of search results vary for geo-modified vs non-geo modified keywords?