The Web Developer & Graphic Designer develops and works with a team to execute digital marketing strategies for our company’s customers. This role designs, edits, and maintains web sites, landing pages, and email marketing campaigns.
This role is responsible for quickly identifying the symptoms and underlying causes of problems, interpreting data, and making changes or updates in order to improve performance. In addition, the Web Developer & Graphic Designer stays abreast of emerging technologies and trends, and makes recommendations for improvement for both the customer and Local Search Essentials.
This position cultivates direct relationships with customers and third party service providers to ensure all work is done in a timely manner and to customer’s satisfaction. The Web Developer & Graphic Designer manages time appropriately, and prioritizes multiple tasks in order to supply deliverables and meet commitments on time.
Samples of work in digital format (attached or linked) are required with resume.
Job Skills & Responsibilities:
- Prepares multiple design drafts with understanding of the customer’s business needs and scheduling constraints.
- Implements web pages using WordPress and other in-house content management systems.
- Uses industry standard graphic design and photo editing software to create production-grade visuals.
- Creates custom landing pages, web sites, branding imagery, email marketing assets, and banner ad designs.
- Create and update marketing special offers across web presence including website, social media, and email marketing campaigns.
- Maintains and manages existing customer websites, landing pages, and related technologies.
- Troubleshoots any issues.
- Communicates with customers to evaluate individual project needs.
- Return calls & reply to emails regarding graphic design, website development & maintenance, email issues, domain name issues, etc.
- Stays abreast of any industry trends in design philosophy and technology.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Multimedia Graphic Design and/or a similar degree with at least one year of relevant experience is preferred, but professional experience and samples of production-grade work may substitute for all or part of education requirements.
- Proficiency in WordPress.
- Proficiency using Adobe Dreamweaver (minimum version MX 2004) or similar application.
- 2+ years of continuous significant use of WordPress, Dreamweaver and/or working in a position providing related services to clients.
- Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop (minimum version 6).
- 2+ years of continuous significant Photoshop use and/or working in a position providing related services to clients.
- Complete understanding of image optimization, color gamuts and calibration, and all Photoshop tools and functions pertinent to web-oriented graphic design.
- Knowledge of Shopify, Duda Mobile, Square Space, and other website builders a plus.
- Adept at listening to and understanding customer needs and effectively communicating solutions to their needs.
- Must excel at explaining and simplifying complex concepts through various channels of communication (by phone, e-mail, et al.).
- Must pick up technological concepts quickly.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have an understanding of how consumers use the Internet to find and evaluate local businesses.
- Must enjoy helping fellow employees and customers solve marketing, advertising, and technology related issues.
- Must have a winning, positive attitude.
- Must work with integrity and care for colleagues.
About Local Search Essentials:
Local Search Essentials is an industry pioneer and leader with over 12 years of experience providing organizations with the tools they need to find and keep customers via the Internet.
Our Vision is to enable our customers to meet their strategic business goals.
Our Mission is to help small and medium sized businesses find and connect with more customers by providing leading-edge digital marketing technology, more than a decade’s worth of marketing intelligence and a team of dedicated experts who partner with them for success.
Our Values are Honesty, Dedication, World Class Service, Innovation, and Value.
Local Search Essentials is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants for all job openings are welcome and will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or any other basis protected by state, federal, or local law. It is the intent of the company to comply with all applicable federal, state, and local legislation concerning equal opportunity in employment.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all activities, duties, or responsibilities required of the employee.