The Account Manager’s primary responsibility is to maintain frequent communication and proactively build relationships with our customers. This position serves as the day-to-day point of contact for customers, and is responsible for managing the ongoing execution and delivery of services. The Account Manager advises our customers on how best to leverage current and emerging marketing solutions to meet their business goals & objectives.
This role acts as the primary strategic lead between the customer and our company. The Account Manager anticipates customer needs, identifies solutions, and acts in the customer’s best interest to increase the value of service. This role collaborates with team members to formulate appropriate strategies and implement plans, and works with customers to manage expectations and deliverables.
Ongoing activities related to this role are to audit customer’s campaigns to identify opportunities for improvement, coordinate tasks with internal staff as needed, communicate with customers to gather any information and digital assets required to fuel our efforts on their behalf, identify opportunities for up-selling, and in general become their “voice” within our company.
Job Skills & Responsibilities:
- Establishes and maintain effective relationships with 30+ customers on a regular basis.
- Builds rapport with customer representatives and staff through routine and scheduled interactions.
- Has a working knowledge of the customer’s business, industry, key contacts, organization structures, processes, and business plans.
- Facilitates customer requests and objectives, and identify new opportunities to further meet customer’s needs.
- Demonstrates dedication to meeting customer expectations and requirements.
- Monitors, evaluates, and leverages standard processes to manage campaign performance and determine improvement opportunities.
- Sets customer expectations and ensures timely and on-target deliverables; manages expectations by establishing meaningful measures of the agency’s impact on the customer’s business.
- Troubleshoots performance issues using best practices while creating new, innovative solutions to meet the changing needs of our customers.
- Quickly identifies the symptoms and underlying cause of problems.
- Creates support tickets for required graphics and web maintenance work.
- Distributes any content provided by the customer to the appropriate team members.
- Drives campaign ROI and leverages customer relationships to promote business development and assist the sales team in growing accounts by recommending tailored service provisions.
- Ensures all customers are pro-actively contacted every month by phone.
- Bachelor’s Degree in General Business, Economics, Finance, Marketing, Advertising, Public relations, Journalism, or English.
- 2+ years management experience in an agency environment.
- Strong proficiency in customer relationship management and interpersonal communication.
- Understanding of how consumers use the Internet to find and evaluate local businesses.
- Ability to evaluate business processes for efficiency and effectiveness.
- Technical skills to establish, assess, modify, adjust, and routinely improve campaigns over their lifecycle.
- Capable of quickly mastering business processes, interpreting data, and making recommendations to improve performance.
- Excellent at focused listening.
- Proven leadership skills and responsibility for cross-functional teams.
- Ability to organize tasks, deliverables, and meet commitments on time.
- Must possess a winning attitude and work with integrity at all times.
- Must be positive and enjoy helping fellow employees and customers solve marketing, advertising, and technology related issues.
- Inspire team morale and contribute to the overall agency culture.
- Work effectively with colleagues and collaborate to create positive outcomes.
- Will not accept anything less than personal excellence and excellence from colleagues.
About Local Search Essentials:
Local Search Essentials is an industry pioneer and leader with over 12 years of experience providing organizations with the tools they need to find and keep customers via the Internet.
Our Vision is to enable our customers to meet their strategic business goals.
Our Mission is to help small and medium sized businesses find and connect with more customers by providing leading-edge digital marketing technology, more than a decade’s worth of marketing intelligence and a team of dedicated experts who partner with them for success.
Our Values are Honesty, Dedication, World Class Service, Innovation, and Value.
Local Search Essentials is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants for all job openings are welcome and will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or any other basis protected by state, federal, or local law. It is the intent of the company to comply with all applicable federal, state, and local legislation concerning equal opportunity in employment.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all activities, duties, or responsibilities required of the employee.